February 25th, I woke up feeling sick to my stomach with the thought again in the back of my mind that I just might be pregnant. I was a week late but that isn't all that uncommon for me, so I got up, got myself ready, and headed off to work, which I knew was going to be brutal as it was the weekend of the Birkie and Hayward was full of people. My stomach never seemed to feel any better and so when I got off of work I headed straight home to lay down. When I arrived home, it was just me, as Shawn was off with the guys in the cities at Cabela's purchasing their next round of hunting stuff. I had talked to Shawn for awhile and decided that maybe I should just run into town and get a test so we knew for sure and I could stop worrying. This scenario has happened before and everytime I decide maybe I should just take a test, mother nature kicks in and lets me know there's no need for a test, so I was thinking this wouldn't be any different. I went to town, got the test, and came right back home. I had decided to wait until Shawn had gotten home before taking the test in case by some chance this time was different. I knew that this was something we needed to share together, regardless of the outcome. I bought the test late that afternoon and Shawn wasn't going to be home until after 8 so for those of you who know how impatient I am, this seemed like an eternity! Once he finally arrived home, however, I had already had so many mixed emotions about what the test would say, I decided to wait to take it in the morning. So we went to bed and I had one of the most restless nights of sleep in my entire life (for now anyway). Morning finally came and I got up to take a shower and headed to the bathroom, pregnancy test in tow, and that morning, our whole lives changed forever! It didn't take more than 30 seconds for that little + to show up and it felt like the entire world had stopped right there in that moment. I waited another minute or two before I had let Shawn in so he could see it. He kept asking me what it said and I just couldn't get the words out to tell him what it said so he asked me again and all I could do was shake my head yes. Yes, we were going to be parents! That's a phrase that's going to take some getting used to!

No comments:
Post a Comment